Saturday, October 04, 2008

this witch's brew



Is this torture for a five-year-old boy? Why yes is it, but if ever there was an appropriate time for torture it would definitely be Halloween. And Halloween is in full swing at our abode. I spookified the house last Thursday. (Yes, that is a finger you see amongst the M&M's.) Here's a look.

Ye Ol' Mantle

My work station, or laboratory, if you will.

Our "Rare Halloween Pixie" which we keep on our kitchen table for observation.

I saw this idea on another blog, but I can't remember the address. She used an apothecary jar which looks really great too. Our "fairy" is really Thom at age two.

Thom was a little worried that I had made him look like a girl, no thanks to his father, but in the end he liked being a pixie.

Now go. Go and spread some ghoulish goodness throughout your house. Stuff like this is the spice of life. And if you haven't already, scroll on down and check out yesterday's give away. There are three monsters up for grabs and you have until Monday morning to enter.

20 comments:

Julie - On the Dot Creations said...

Such a fun blog you have, April! I just love all of your fallish items! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. Have a great weekend!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Love the pixie in the birdcage ! I think I am seeing a pixie pony in my old bircage in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Awww - I'm loving the mantle layout!

magpie said...

WOW- your home looks amazing!! it must be so fun there!!! love the thom pixie birdcage!

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

halloween looks fun at your place!!

Anonymous said...

How Fun!!!! I love it all...and my daughter would be going nuts with those jars full of candy...LOL...thanks for the inspiration...I am off to make a pixie of my own...

RYAN said...

Pam!? Is that you?

Unknown said...

Okay Okay. That last comment. That was from my little brother. Pam is my mother. And yes, she is a major decorator for holidays and yes, I swore I'd never be the same. But as we all know, as you get older your parents habits have a way of sneaking into the way you do things. It's inevitable. Like the way my dad likes to say little sarcastic remarks. Similar to the one in the previous comment.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Wow - your blog is just beautiful!! I need to bookmark and return in the morning, it's well past midnight here in Sweden and I'm super tired. Glad I found you on Etsy! (I'm Irregulardesigns)

DECA Candle and Bath said...

This blog is lots of fun!!!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Awesome decorations!!

Amyesq said...

cute! And we are totally on the same wavelength. I JUST went today to buy some of those clear glass containers and have found some spooky yet yummy things to put inside. And did I tell you about the banner I made? I am turning into a regular crafting fiend. Would that it could look as cute as yours. Maybe someday!

Jennifer said...

So spookified! I love Tiny Tom! Also love your orange and black candles-source? Must have! I'm a Halloween junkie myself but you have outdone yourself.

Jo James said...

Your lovely decorations have almost nudged me into unboxing our own Halloween goodies. But my youngest has informed me that he is now too old for trick-or-treating, and nobody wants to have a party :(

Maybe I'll dust off the ole punkinheads anyway. Maybe I can find a couple of little kids to borrow :)

I'm glad you found my blog so I could find yours.

Kim Caro said...

you do it and it is not tacky, wow what a cool presentation.

Adrian and Danell said...

I love your blog and your mantle! How fun!

Heathen's Hearth said...

Fabulous! I love your decor! Makes me want to do up our house :)

And, by the way, the Halloween Pixie is absolutely adorable. :-D

~amy

Kiersten White said...

Oh, gosh, too cute. You put me to shame ; )

Anonymous said...

Wow..! I am pinching few Halloween decoration ideas from your post. Thanks..

Decor To Adore said...

Spooktacular displays!

Please visit my blog. I am on post #98 so you know what that means!