Sunday, May 18, 2008

design sunday

Today is all about European jewelry artisans. If you are into this type of thing, like I am, definitely check out Deep Fling. It is a store here in Carlsbad that only carries Scandinavian jewelry. It took me a while to narrow down my favorites. I finally decided to feature artists that I plan to buy from in the near (meaning if and when my Etsy sales allow) future.


Rosa Templin Bunny Necklace


German designer Rosa Templin is celebrated in Europe for her playful, imaginative, and delectable looking jewelry. Her pieces have stories to tell, sometimes romantic, sometimes pure fun, always delightful. These creations are available in the United States only at the Shop in the Garden.

Polly Wales Hand cut Silver and Felt Earrings


After graduating from the Royal College of Art, London based Polly Wales put her creative juices to work and began crafting her own jewelry label. The talented designer works with a variety of materials including semi precious stones, resin, metals, felt, crystals, and even bread. Wales’ designs run the gamut from bracelets, brooches, rings, to earrings, with each stunning piece possessing a modern, eclectic feel. The artist also plays up her pieces with bold contrasting colors, making for a neat and striking effect. Although I am not a big fan of her other design styles, I have been drooling over her hoop earrings for months now.
Her earrings are available at Barney's New York.

Anne Black Porcelain Jewelry





The young designer Anne Black, is one of Denmark's most influential and contemporary ceramic designers. Each piece in her collection, distinctive for its shape, is decorated with a number of different graphic perforations, decals, hand paintings or a combination of these applied designs. Anne's approach to porcelain is uncompromising. Each product is unique, crafted by hand, and of high quality materials.

I bought my first Anne Black piece just a few weeks ago from Deep Fling. It is a flower necklace with little periwinkle squares. I love it. I have my eye on some of her bowls for my next purchase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.