Wednesday, September 30, 2009

song bird

I think I might have eaten a booger this morning, but I can't be sure.

Birdie has taken a hard stand against morning naps and so we wrestle it out in the rocking chair. She slaps me in the face with her flailing free hand and works up a froth of spit and boogers to try to repulse me. To any regular person it would be a great defense. But I'm a mother, and it takes more than snot to send me packing.

It's our morning smack down. I hold her close to me and I make sure to never ever lose.

And I sing. Sometimes hymns, but mostly I sing Native American chants that I make up while I pat her bottom to the beat.

We sing a lot in this house. Not well. But we do sing.

Birdie Sings a Ballad from April Meeker on Vimeo.

I thought I had a hang nail this morning and I went to bite it off with my teeth but it wasn't a hang nail. It was salty.

I went ahead and swallowed anyway, because after all, I am a mother. These things don't phase me anymore.

12 comments:

margie said...

oh my cutest! love this...
and those BLUE eyes...
seriously...
love...
kiss kiss
m

Fancy Nancy Chronicles said...

heavenly sweetness! Thanks for making my day ~ ;')

Anonymous said...

that's why you endure, the video...those memories. She's like a little dove cooing in her bird bath.

Julie said...

Sweet, sweet Birdie. Jared and Joel love your song! Jared says to tell you he sings in the shower :) oxo.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my goodness. That is just so sweet. I remember those days and they're really just sublime. (By the way, I keep meaning to post about my beautiful rings -- I promise to do so soon!)

Kari said...

"I went ahead and swallowed anyway?"
Ahhh, ha, ha . . . if I had a nickel . . .

moreygirl said...

Just stumbled upon your blog today. I love it! Sweet video:) Heather

Unknown said...

Oh so funny and something only a mother would understand...love you~

Kurtzhals said...

Well if that didn't just solidify that we are going to make our family bigger I don't know what would.
She is just a doll and you are one lucky mama to have that each and everyday. I had chatters but I don't remember either of my girls ever singing to me so sweetly :)
Usually when it was so long, it was wailing because they were not happy.

tollestrupfamily said...

I scooped poop out of the bathtub this morning with my hand and didn't blink twice. 4 kids ago I would have bleached, scrubbed and EWWWWed my way through it. Today I just scooped, flushed and rinsed. It's all in a days work!

Black Min said...

Free ringtones for everyone.
Unique ringtone. Ringtones are attractive. Ringtones have nice melodies. Ringtones fun. Latest ringtone 2018. Do you have your favorite ringtone on your mobile phone? I will mention my favorite ringtone in 2018. You can view my home page for reference and search more ringtones: https://ringtonedownload.in/

This is the most popular ringtone in 2018, you can install it for free by following the instructions below:

Hindi ringtone
Telugu Ringtone
Theri ringtone
Tring Tring ringtone
Mr. Chandramouli ringtone

Your phone needs a new ringtone. Wish you have the best ringtone selection. Thanks for care!

Sophie Grace said...

Thank you so much for sharing these amazing tips. I must say you are an incredible writer, I love the way that you describe the things. The sims 4 cheats : Discover university is now available worldwide on PC! Your dorm room is ready for you, dom't be late for your first day of class