Saturday, April 12, 2008

special delivery


I have been meaning to mention my "relationship" with the UPS man. Don't get the wrong idea, he's shorter than me and not my type at all. Besides, I find after almost 16 years together, I am still hopelessly in love with Sugar Daddy.

So the UPS man. Well, I think his name is Rick. All I know about him is that he is short, I already said that, laughs when he is nervous and shaves his legs, which leads me to believe that he is a: a road biker, b: a swimmer, c: a cross-dresser. Guessing from is perpetually peeling nose, I'm going to go with either swimmer or biker. That's it. That's all I know.

"Rick", however knows a plethora of things about me. He knows that I work from the studio in my garage making jewelry. He knows that I have a son and a dog. He has seen me in pajamas, work-out clothes, dressed up and in sweats. He has even seen me with a towel on my head. He knows I holler at the dog and drink redbull. On one occasion he watched me trying to shake my bootie like a MTV queen to Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive" before I realized he was trying to get my attention at the garage door.

I wonder, what does "Rick" think of me? Am I just one of the many colorful characters on his route? Does he go back to the station and swap stories with the other carriers? I hope, in the very least, I add a little variety to his day.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I have no doubt your booty-shakin' left quite an impression! Confession: I once dated the beautiful mailman that delivered mail to my office!