Thursday, March 11, 2010

from taiwan with love

My creation

Sugar Daddy called me from Taipei. He said he missed me, and I said that I missed him too and I can't forget to take the trash out and double check every door before bed to make sure it is locked, which he usually does. He calls it "the rounds". I call it OCD.

I said that Natalie was cooking up a big Mexican meal and I wish he were here because, well, it's delicious and things taste even better when he is with me. Even cheese.

I passed along the important information that Thomas is now able to determine the sex of his squishys by looking at hole in the bottom. Evidently, Owen at school taught him this special skill. I am desperately hoping this doesn't lead to conversations that I'm just not willing to have without his dad around.

Sugar Daddy said his flight was good. He was getting a cab to go explore the city. Then our call was dropped.

I didn't even get to say good-bye.

The above photos were taken by a girl named Cecilia. She lives in Taiwan. She is just twenty years old. Yeah, really.

*************************************

For all you inquiring minds:

The song in the video is Le Moulin by Yann Tiersen, a French artist.

The material is rubber stamp block. I like this brand. It's thinner than most other brands, but it cuts like butter.

I use all my own illustrations, but that isn't a requirement for stamp carving.

Yes, my daughter is named after the movie.

8 comments:

T. The Destructor said...

Those photos are beyond genius.

Twenty and creating that kind of quality? What was I doing at 20? Not that.

RiNNE said...

Beautiful pics! Hope your DH comes home soon. And good-luck with your son's discovery...haha!

And those photos are beautiful! So talented!

BTW, thought i'd tell you the title is spelled wrong. But you spelled Taiwan in your post correctly. Must be mommy brain? I've got it too :).

margie said...

beautiful shots...Glad big daddy is safe...
loved the video...
kiss kiss
m

Rhonna Farrer said...

i just love you.
you make me smile.

hang in there...SD will be home before you know it!
xo
R

jeanette from everton terrace said...

What beautiful images. I cannot believe she is only 20. For some reason, birdcages keep showing up today - wonder what that means?

My Owl Barn said...

I stumbled across you blog and love it! These photos are awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, the squishies! Kadyn told Madeline the one with the knob at the bottom is the girl and I had to tell her "uh, no".

T. The Destructor said...

Aaaand huge fail on my part.

I went onto etsy this morning to pick up your beautiful Jane's London Earrings, when I saw they were no longer available.

That is what I get for overthinking things :(