Saturday, January 16, 2010

amelie

This is what I know about her so far:



she hates getting dressed
she loves bananas
she hates her car seat
she loves her brother
she hates having her nose wiped
she loves to watch people in public
she hates being put to bed without being rocked
she loves to cuddle
she hates to hold still for a diaper change
she loves to get in the bath
apricots give her diaper rash
her eyes are bluer than anyone I've ever known
she is shy and afraid of strangers
she says "mama"
she makes me so happy my heart feels too big for my body.

5 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

Kate said...

Hi! I actually stumbled on your blog randomly and I started reading some of your old posts and instantly felt a connection to your story. My husband and I aren't able to have children of our own and are looking into adoption. We seem to go back and forth between domestic and international on a daily basis. The funny part is that we have actually been referring to our future baby as Amelie(our favorite movie). I guess that will have to be revisited if we have a boy! I look forward to your new posts and reading your old ones to see how you got to where you are now. Your family is beautiful.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

She is adorable and your post brought back all those things I loved about my kids when they were teeny tiny. Give her an extra cuddle from me - mine are now 16 and almost 18...life goes on.

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

How old is she? It is a beautiful thing to discover your infant's personality. I am enjoying this same experience right now.

Webb Family News said...

She is beautiful. I can't believe how grown up she looks.