Thursday, October 14, 2010

recipe


I promised guests that I would post the recipe for the chicken we served at the party soooo without much ado... via Jenny Hurst...


CHICKEN PICCATA

20 or so Chicken Tenders (I bought the Foster Farms tenderloins and used 3 of the prepacked bags - located in the fresh meat section)

I used a 9 X 13 pan, and a pie pan and it fit 3 packages of chicken just fine.

2-3 eggs (beaten)

Bread Crumbs:
1 cup Italian Bread crumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Parsley flakes (finely chopped)
Garlic Salt (sprinkle a little)
Flour (I didn't use this, so try just a little)
salt and pepper (sprinkle a little)

Sauce:
1 cup half and half
1 stick of butter
Juice of 2 REAL lemons (not the juice from the store)

Optional: capers, mix a half of jar into the sauce after you have blended the 3 above ingredients

Dip tenders in egg, then in the crumbs. Brown in hot pan with melted butter. Do not cook through. Just enough for each side to be a little crispy. Place in baking dish and put in oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Be careful to not overcook.
My suggestions: I made this recipe last night and the family loved it! It was very tender and moist! Try mixing the sauce in a blender to get a better consistency (I didn't do this, and I think it will make the sauce smoother). Also, I did 1 cup of butter for the sauce (the first time) and it was a little too much, because when it came out of the oven, you could see a layer of butter in the pan. So, using 1 stick of butter worked better instead of two sticks. Another thought: really coat the chicken with the bread crumbs. The ones that were coated were the better ones. :)

Also for inquiring minds, the transcendent apple crisp that Joan Crandall brought and everyone snarfed down before I even got a single spoonful is an Ina Garten recipe.


AND, if you live in St. George, make sure you head on over to Jazzy Java at 285 N., Bluff St. on Saturday night. Mindy Gledhill will be there, singing her heart out.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh yummy! Must try this weekend! And the website you gave me was a hit, thank you thank you :) Happy day!
~Molly P

michelle hill said...

Thank you..this is going on next week's menu..
xo xo
m

Mindy Gledhill said...

I love that you said, "snarfed down." And btw, that chicken really was awesome.