Tuesday, April 07, 2009

the course ahead

On Friday we are boarding a plane to Utah. We have several items of business to take care of while we are there.


First and foremost, we will get to meet our birth mother face to face. I am so excited and nervous I don't know what to do with myself. I am searching for the perfect outfit that says "I will make a great mom for your baby". Tell me, what does that look like exactly? If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Please note that Lee jeans and Rockport shoes are out of the question. As are scrunchies, most sweater vests and any item with a Disney character on it.

Second, my father will be turning sixty-three. I swear he is more active now than he was at nineteen, when this photo is taken. His hairline hasn't changed a bit, but he only has a few black hairs left. His left ear still sticks out a little and we girls of the family think it is charming. Happy Birthday Daddy-O.

And then of course, there is Easter. Hopefully this year Thom will lighten up his game a bit and let some of the younger kids find an egg or two. Last year was a little embarrassing. I'd like to find a good recipe for hot cross buns to make for Sunday dinner and a really great tie for Sugar Daddy.


Today I should be getting the wash done and looking for a kennel for Finn, but instead I am going to the beach to play in the sand with my ladybug. There is not that much time left. . .

6 comments:

QuirkyGirl said...

No perfect outfit could convey you are this baby's momma more than this blog. I'm thinking white though. I love white. Plus when something inevitably gets on it you can SHOW her what a great mom you'll be by not freaking out about potentially ruining said new "Perfect Momma" outfit.

Jill said...

Whatever you wear will be perfect. Honestly! I know how you feel though. The first time we met Kate's birth mom, I was sure I was going to die of a heart attack. But then, once I walked in the room and gave her a hug, I felt like I was being reunited with a long lost friend. Each time it has been one of THE most touching and most spiritual moments of my life. You will be amazed! Just be you, which is FABULOUS! Who wouldn't love you?

Call me anytime to vent your worries or share your excitment. I can't wait to hear!

Please know that we will be praying for you and Ben. We love you and know this is going to be an amazing experience!

Sending lots of love and happy Easter wishes your way!

Your friend forever ... Jill

Laura said...

I think you should wear those rabbit ears.


Good luck...safe trip...and have a blessed Easter. A week full of new life!

your favorite cousin jamie said...

nothing says momma love like sponge bob pj bottoms, a winnie the pooh t-shirt and crocs....what? you will be fabulous in whatever you wear. you are classic, beautiful and an amazing woman. you must of course wear something that says, i will play with you, let you spit up on me, poop on me, wrinkle me, drool on my shoulder, wipe your nose on my hem, all while i smile and fall head over heals in love with you...and obviously some nice accessories never hurt a girl!

Anonymous said...

i kinda like the wearing white idea that quirky girl suggested, it gives off a certain angelic impression...don'cha think? Good luck and god bless. Happy easter my dear blessed friend.

Michelle Springer said...

Good luck my dear! I'm sure you'll do great! And any excuse to buy a new outfit, is a good excuse to me!