Wednesday, February 24, 2010

and she's ours.....

Amelie


photo by little ol' moi, "Sweet Amelie"( more on this tomorrow)

Today is the big day.

Today the courts stamp the papers.

Today we become legally responsible for our daughter. Heaven help us. Seriously. Heaven, please help us be the best parents possible.

We are to be at the court at 8:30. Eight-thirty a.m. That's what you get when you let Sugar Daddy arrange things. He's an early riser, that one.

Me, not so much.

But maybe it's a good thing because as of late our sweet little bird has been cutting teeth, and folks, it's been ugly.

I'm starting to wonder if she might be cutting fangs.

If we can catch her after her breakfast and Tylenol and before her morning nap we may have a fair chance of getting some semi-decent photos.

But I'm not holding my breath.

No, today is a day to exhale. No more papers. No more social worker visits. No more interferences with the Lord's grand plan.

Ahhhhhhhh...........................................

14 comments:

lorie said...

So happy for you, April and co. Congratulations and hugs all around

Jill said...

Congrats! What a great day! Can't wait to see pictures!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a blessing!

Emily said...

Oh congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, congratulations on this official welcoming into Amelie's "meant-to-be" family.

tollestrupfamily said...

What a day! I remember doing this with my siblings and being surprised as a little girl that there weren't fireworks, bells and whistles to mark the monumentous event that had been building at my house. Something so simple as a judge saying yes meant they were my brothers and sisters when I had known that since before they were born.

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful.

Kari said...

Yeah, again!
A good day, indeed.
Enjoy the fresh air.
Loves to you all . . .

From the Kitchen said...

Wonderful, wonderful!!!!!

Jamie said...

I've been there...what an exciting day!!! Congrats!

Anne Thompson said...

I am so happy for you and your family! My son and I celebrate his adoption day each year more than we celebrate his birthday. All the best! Anne, yourmainestamper

JennC said...

It is an amazing feeling knowing that she is yours and that's final ;0)
Congratulations!!!

Jennifer said...

I don't even know you but my heart is singing for you! Congratulations!

stacy di said...

wonderful! what an exciting day it must be.