Thursday, February 25, 2010

my friend shana rae

A few days ago, I received an surprise gift from a friend. I just love when that happens, don't you?

Shana Rae is a photographer that I have talked about before here on Suaviloquy. She is the mastermind behind The Florabella Collection, textures and actions. She sent me her textures to try.

I couldn't wait to use them so I snapped some photos of still life in my studio.

Now, although my photography skills don't even grace the hem of Shana Rae's talent, I was pretty pleased with the results.

The Florabella Collection is very reasonably priced and money well spent if you fancy photography. Just you wait. I'm honing my skills and I might become the next big thing to hit the photography scene.

Not bloody likely, but nice thought eh?

Thanks, Shana Rae. You're a peach.


************************************************

Here's a few pics from our big day yesterday. Yes, that is a big goose egg on Birdie's forehead, and no, the Judge didn't even ask us about it.


Birdie was uncharacteristically charming and sweet to everyone and the Judge was very kind and happy to be doing his job.

It was a good day.

10 comments:

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

you have a beautiful family. i am so happy for you guys!!!!

Molly said...

Happy. happy day!! You all look so Beautiful!!
~Molly P

margie said...

love these photies...
you look ravishing as always...love the piggies...love the boy in his grown up blazer...and of course big daddy looking dashing in his clark kent kinda way...
perfection...
oh and i love that green and aqua ribbon...{i designed it}
laugh...
kiss kiss
m

bethchien said...

your hubby looks like Clark Kent! does he frequent phone booths? lol
Awesome photos!

Shana Rae said...

First of all, congratulations!!!! I know first hand how special this day is & wow, what a beautiful family you have!

Thanks so much for the sweet things you said about me/Florabella! Your photos are beautiful! Lov3 them all! I'm going to email you back now. ♥♥♥

Christian T said...

I said a prayer for you guys yesterday. I changed my calendar over and saw the date and remembered you saying the 24th was the big day. Congratulations...
In case you were curious, this is the verse that was on my calendar -What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love in kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

Unknown said...

What can I say? I married I smokin' hot guy. Lucky lucky me. Thanks all for your kind words.

Jill said...

Perfect pictures! Honestly ... could you be any more gorgeous? What a GREAT day! Congrats! I know what a wonderful feeling that is. Can't wait to see you! Miss you more than you know.

Hugs to the boy and Birdie! And tell "Clark" hi, too! Love you all!

CalleLillyCafe said...

Congrats!!! what a special day =)

Elizabeth said...

How wonderful! You are all glowing -- you, especially, proud mama!