Thursday, November 12, 2009

november 12th

It's the 12th. Can you believe it? Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away.

I warned you about time speeding up after Halloween. It happens every year. I'm already starting to stress about getting everything done. I'm doing some serious self talk about deep breathing and simplifying.

Today we have the last meeting with our social worker before the adoption is final.

I'm going to admit something here that I wouldn't tell just anyone.

I'm not excited.

Truth be told, it feels like just a formality, protocol, an inconvenience. Don't these people know how busy we are around here?

I don't need the courts to tell me who my children are. That's the Lord's job.

photo credit goes to the unknown, they are antique

5 comments:

margie said...

true...so true...
you are my sister...not by blood...but by the spirit...
love you...
m

Kiera said...

We had our final visit today also... Together, lets hope for a smooth finish!
Honestly, The BEST is yet to come... December 27, 2008 for our Noah boy and January 27, 2010.

Kiera said...

oops.... January 27, 2010 for Zion!

Unknown said...

While we have not met, we are soul sisters at heart. I have one dd homegrown variety, one dd domestically adopted and one dd from China and it did not matter what the courts said, I knew they were mine as soon as I saw them.:)

LOVE your blog!

Unknown said...

Eh.. April..I do know you! From Mom Dot!