Thursday, February 03, 2011

新年快樂


Welcome to the year of the rabbit!

Did you know today is Chinese New Years?  It is. We keep track of these things around our house. We like all things Chinese. Food, art, babies...

But we won't be getting a Chinese baby after all.  We are pulling our papers out of the defunct system.  We do not like Chinese politics.

And we have all the babies we could ever want or need.  We are full up with babies round here.

I'm hoping our local Chinese restaurant will be open for take-out tonight. I want to have a little family celebration.  I'm craving some fried wontons and spicy noodles.

I made The Sugar Daddy a little New Year's gift.


Can you see what that fortune says?  Here, let me zoom in.


That's what I'm talkin' bout.

He's half way there.  And in case you are wondering, he's not famous.

Yet.


Chocolate covered fortune cookies? I say yes to that.  Let the good times eggroll.


We have a family chop.  We had it made in China Town in San Francisco. If you are ever in the area, have one made.  It is worth the money just to watch them carve the block.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

You are a rabbit if you were born in 1951,1963, 1975, 1987 or 1999.

Cuddly, warm and affectionate are the attributes of the Rabbit. Mysterious and a great party-giver and host, the Rabbit enjoys being the centre of attention once in a while. The Rabbit is occasionally over cautious and can be a bit boring. He is also one of the luckiest signs in the Chinese Astrology chart.


In case you are curious, and I know you are, I am a Tiger. Naturally.

6 comments:

shawna henrie said...

i am a tiger too...and SO a tiger (we like to feed and take care of our families-extremely loyal and hard working). and some other person i used to know...is a rat...and SO a rat. the vietnamese guy who does my nails fills me in on all of this, and he even foretells the future. he has been 100% right so far. he reads faces too...says i have a "face of fortune". who knew, huh? and us tigers need to stick together!

Kari said...

Happy New Year, from this snowy, white rabbit freezing her tail off in the cold snap.

Terri Fisher said...

Happy Year of the Rabbit, to you, too! I celebrated with my kindergarten class today...it was fun to introduce them to some of the traditions surrounding this holiday. We are still waiting for our Chinese (Taiwanese) baby (actually 3 year old). Hopefully this year!

ailinh said...

Happy Chinese New Year! I was born the year of the Rabbit, so I am excited this is "my" year. Anywho, that chocolate covered fortune cookie looks so so so delish. Oh, and love the creations you made for the holiday, too. So fun.

Emily said...

My baby girl is a tiger too! I'm a monkey. Ugh. I learned all this yesterday at our library's story time. Cool.

Jeanette said...

Your handiwork is mentioned on Lollychops.com today~