Friday, July 31, 2009

the little professor

I took to really really missing him.


I missed my little professor. I missed the daily lessons he gives Amelie on his new chalk board. I missed his boney little body snuggled up next to me on the couch. I missed his art projects that make a huge mess.

The flip books. . .
The solar system on the ceiling in his room.

He colored each planet and then I cut them out. He made sure I put them up in order. He even insisted that although Pluto is no longer a planet, it's still a thing, out there, floating around, so we put it up in the far corner. His light, of course, serves as the sun, and the stars glow in the dark.

I slept in his bed Tuesday night. I couldn't seem to fall asleep and so I wandered down the hall and into his room. His bed seemed so inviting. I feel asleep holding his Uglydoll looking up at the night sky.

I missed the little professor. The next morning I got in the car and drove to be near him. Funny how a mother needs her children as much or more than they need her.

1 comment:

Jill said...

You're such a cute mom! And thanks alot for making me cry! It's so true! Sometimes the little tikes make me crazy and then I remember how long I waited for them ... and I stop, take a breath, and find them to give them a big squeeze.

Love ya lots!