Monday, January 26, 2009

girly stuff

Here is my most recent painting. It's called Weber Sleepers. I grew up in Weber County, Utah. It holds a soft spot in my heart. I built this piece over a map of Utah. It is for sale here.


*****************************************************

There are a few little items that I've been needing. Sometimes, when I blog in the evenings, I am distracted by the conversations going on in the other room. When I hear the boys discussing plans to collect spiders in my good jelly jars, I find it distracting.

I can't stand when I have a really juicy line of thought going and poof! its gone because I heard Ben tell Thom to run into my bathroom and bring him my tweezers.

I've come up with a solution. Ear plugs. But I, of course, don't want just any old ugly ear plugs. I want Holly Golightly ear plugs. And I'll be damned if I didn't find some! Fancy ears, here I come.



The other item I'm in dire need of is tea towels. We go through tea towels around here like, well, paper towels. I simply can't abide a dirty tea towel in my kitchen. And I'm looking for unique and funky. Anyone out there got suggestions for me?

I'm lovin' these from Atlier LZC, but I'm not about to pay $20 for one.

Tomorrow we will discuss more of my many many needs. Like lipstick in the perfect shade of pink and monogramed stationary.

7 comments:

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Beautiful!! It looks like we both have birds on our minds :)

Anonymous said...

4 different types of tea towels below from Etsy...not my store! :)
Maybe something you like or maybe it will lead you to something you like!
Enjoy your window shopping
xxsm

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_15&listing_id=19948316

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_8&listing_id=19964337

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_9&listing_id=20115357

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_20&listing_id=20166741

Unknown said...

Oh I do like those. Especially the second one. That's for the tip.

Laura said...

I need more time so that I can sit down and write down my needs.

K and/or K said...

First, I love the painting. Little birds are so easy on the eyes.

Second, I made the cupcakes last night! The devilish ones. Mmmmm...you warned me but I was so tempted I had to! :-)

DomestiKatie. said...

i was inspired by your blog to create one of my own (rather than the one i share with my husband, which i comment from occasionally as "dan & katie"), logging all of the treats i make, as i'm a newlywed learning how to cook.
i just made it a couple of days ago, so there's not too terribly much on it, but you are listed under "my inspiration", in case you're curious and would like to take a peek.
i'm very excited to have such a fun project ahead of me!

wendy said...

I too love lovely/fancy t-towels. BUT then I don't want anyone to touch them.