Sunday, February 01, 2009

"look here" said the llama

I dreamt last night that I attended a very civilized luncheon hosted by a very distinguished llama. We had tomato bisque, sourdough rolls, Vietnamese spring rolls and Valentine's M&M's.

I was wearing a gorgeous chiffon evening gown the color of ripe limes with a large vintage broach, which I remember thinking, was made of real diamonds. I was self conscious that the dress was strapless and my hands fluttered nervously around my décolleté. I was also overly concerned with not spilling any soup on the broach. Obviously, it didn't belong to me.

"Look here," said the llama as he sat back in his seat, tugged on the bottom of his vest and adjusted his monocle. "It seems to me that a young woman like yourself needs only to look around at your splendid life to gain perspective. You seem to forget, dear girl, that you are one of the lucky few to have been born into high society. You have the world at your fingertips. You have only to reach out and grasp. All this moping and carrying on is very unbecoming a person of your position. Would you be so kind as to pass the butter?"

He sliced a roll in half, buttered it and added a happy face made of M&Ms.


I woke up with a sugar hangover and a new perspective. I'm not exactly 'high society', but I am ridiculously blessed in so many ways. I hope that in the future, I can curb any nasty little tantrums before they find their way onto my blog.

Shall we move on and pretend that Saturday never happened? I think the llama would approve.

Tomorrow is the big day! My one year blog celebration! AND I've got a giveaway! Come see what I have in store for all you lovely readers, who, by the way, I count amongst my many blessings.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very insightful dream! I've posted lists of things I am thankful as a cure to the common bumps in the road :)

wendy said...

You find the most beautiful pictures, I tell you that all the time. Thank goodness for Llama's.

Jill said...

Just me ... again! Okay, so it sounds like we're both feeling a little better. Some times a good cry, some chocolate and a good night's rest heals a little piece of our hearts.

Thanks for being so positive and such a great example. I, too, am thankful and am going to try to be a bit more "chipper" this week.

BTW ... I think you are very much High Society! Ta ta for now!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely dream!

annie said...

girl, you are a vivid dreamer! love this post. : )

Krista said...

oh how i wish that i remembered my dreams. and how i wish my dreams were so "alice in wonderland."

just lovely!

Laura said...

I dreamt that my sons buzz light year comforter started to unravel, and I couldnt stop it, and so I grabbed it, and the unraveling string caught on the hair that grows out of my chin (yeah, I know, lovely...) and it started to rip the hair off of my face.

I like your dream better.....

and I would love to bake you a cake tomorrow to celebrate....with happy face m&ms, for sure...

Hana said...

What a funny dream. You recounted it so vividly....it was very alice in wonderlandesque! It's nice that it put things in perspective for you.