Friday, June 25, 2010

plotting...

I held a business card case in my hand. It was silver and etched with wonderful scrolling flourishes. The heft of the item made my hands warm. I ran my thumb over the etching.

"Is beautiful no?" said the French man behind the counter.

"Oh it's beautiful alright." I replied and continued to stroke the case.

"Every woman should have a case, but this one es, wellll, it should go to someone who appreciate. You know?"

"Yes. I wish It could be mine but I'm afraid my husband wouldn't approve of such a purchase. It's not even my birthday."

At this point the French man leaned over the counter and motioned for me to come closer.

"Madame," he whispered, "I see no husband with you today."

And he smiled a very French smile.


Why is it when I shop, even window shop, I feel devious, like I'm plotting to spend money?


I think I'll get over that.


Pastelito Crochet Necklace





Praline Blouse - nO.049


June

6 comments:

ThisKalilLife said...

I love the french ruffled dress. I want that very same one for my daughter! It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

lorie said...

Hey Chica,
Moselle did my blog header. What do you think?
www.dreambig-lorie.blogspot.com

Cindy at LottieBird said...

heh. I don't know if I'll ever get over it. Better luck to you!

Beautiful pix, but I want one of the card case!

{little.happy.things} said...

Love these plates, where can I get them?

elena nuez said...

love love love all white for summer!

Talia said...

I love that French Ruffled Dress, but the link doesn't work!

Could you please send me the link?! Pretty please with sugar on top!