Tuesday, June 22, 2010

redemption

One year ago I wrote this letter. Today I write this:

Dear Sara,

Or Bead Shop Girl as I think of you in my mind.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I followed my whim to do a little bead shopping today.  I can't tell you how good it felt to finally apologize for my brash behavior one year ago. I can't tell you how overjoyed I am that you have a baby boy. And our son's are the same age. Imagine that.

Life is strange. God is good. Beads are addictive.

Maybe some day we will meet up outside the store and our son's can play in the sand and we can talk shop.

Sincerely,
Happily,
Contentedly,

The girl with the Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag.

*************************************

Now here's another little matter I've been meaning to address. It seems whenever I post photos of jewelry on Suaviloquy that I have added to my shop, someone buys it and my most favorite people of all, you readers, don't get it in time. And then I have people saying, "So where's the such and such you said was in your shop?" 

So.

I'm showing you this piece that I just finished that I haven't added to my shop yet.  If you want to buy it, leave a comment and let me know. I'll reserve it for you when I add it to the shop on Thursday.  It's called "June Bloom" and it has a vintage brooch and a really cool old vintage button. The brooch is missing a couple rhinestones which I decided not to replace because, well, I want it to look old. The flowers are cotton and silk. It is backed with silver leather. The oval rings are shell and the beads on the strand are smoky quartz. It's $90.00.

June Bloom Necklace


June Bloom

June Bloom

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect way to let us, your loyal followers, get first dibs! I have been holding out for a pink & red style like this one but I really like these colors as well! Put me down for SOLD! superfunhappy@cox.net

michelle said...

I LOVE those letters.

*Life is strange. God is good. Beads are addictive*

amen

Thespa McLaughlin said...

This is a wonderful piece of art to wear. Lovely colors, textures, and layers. Thanks for sharing.

Tobi said...

Oh my gosh! I totally fell in love with this. If the first lucky doesn't dive into this, please let me know! My neck will never forgive me if it doesn't get to show this off!

Cindy at LottieBird said...

I am amazed at how many different areas your creativity covers. I have craft ADD, but am not nearly as productive as you! I'm in awe.

And, yes, beads are addictive. Which is why I had to start a jewelry business--to replace the grocery budget. Eleven years later, and I am still as addicted.

Pure Ella said...

This is beautiful. love the textures and blue shades.

RiNNE said...

Beautiful work of art...love the vintage feel and divine colors, April. That first commentor is going to be one lucky person!