Tuesday, May 03, 2011

brushes

When I was a wee lass I had hair down my back like a silky whip. It tickled my waist and covered my arms like a shawl.

I was fond of my hair because, well, all princesses have long hair. But the upkeep was torture.

"Grab the sink and bite on this comb." my mother would instruct me when it was time to brush through the snarls.

"You must suffer to be beautiful." She'd remind me as I groaned and winced.

What a wicked and cruel mother this princess had!

Yesterday I told The Boy to hold still while I brushed his hair.

"Quit moving around." I said. "Put your hands down. Grab the counter." I brushed. He winced.

And right there in the kitchen it came flying out of my mouth like a bat out of hell.

"You must suffer to be...cute."

Sheesh.

*******************************

While we are talking about brushes, I thought I'd let you know I have more digital brushes of my illustrations for sale.

Five bucks. What a bargain.

You can buy them on the digital brush page located under the header.



1 comment:

Mindy Gledhill said...

Haha! "Flying out of my mouth like a bat out of hell." Too funny.