Friday, May 27, 2011

amelie's pinafore pattern


Let the record show that there is no way on God's green Earth that I wasn't going to have a daughter in this life.  And this is why.


Girl stuff. Clothing. Jewelry. Pedicures. Lip Gloss.


Let the record also show that this project is one of the easiest sewing projects you will ever do. The button holes are hardest part. I kid you not.


For this pinafore I used some butter yellow European linen and repurposed shower curtain fabric that I scored a little while back. I am madly in love with linen. It's luscious. Watch this. You might love it too.

You can whip up this pinafore in twenty minutes flat if you skip the embroidery.  Embroidery takes a little time. But it also makes it extra special.

I plan on making The Bird a slew of these babies. The next one will have rick rack around the edge. I'm planning tuxedo ruffles down the front for another one.  If you keep it simple, you can easily make it reversible by adding two flat buttons on each side of the fabric.

You can also sew the buttons on the front panel so the flaps are on top. That looks equally as nice. The pattern fits Amelie at two years as a tunic with room to grow.  I'm thinking it will fit for another year or so.

The possibilities are limitless with this pattern.  The only thing it can't do is your laundry. Sorry.



For free. Cuz that's how I roll. (Mostly)

The file includes my hand drawn embroidery designs that I used. You can also find tons of free and very cute embroidery patterns online.


21 comments:

margie said...

is there anything you can't do?
LOVE this...
LOVE the pink & yellow...
worship linen too...
we are sisters...
i swear...
kiss kiss
m.

Jennifer said...

So darling...can I turn Warner into a girl?

Jessa said...

downloaded and off to see how many I can whip up before my little gal arrives in August. I bet it's a lot.

lorie said...

O M Gee my mother used to sew stuff just like that for me. And then she'd embroider on it just like that. Those flowers are a flash back. Apparently it skipped a generation on me. But I adore and remember.

Sharon said...

Oh Thank you thank you for the free pattern! Have a very special baby shower gift to find, and this is perfect :) LOVE to embroider so really looking forward to this! Have a delightful weekend!

Princess Danell said...

Very sweet. Your talent is endless. What is your Kryptonite?

Terri Fisher said...

Oh how I wish I could sew!!!! Too cute!

Marci said...

oh that is just sweet.
wish my little one were a little littler but maybe it would still work...i'll have to try.
that color is yummy and that little one is adorable!

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

your blog is adorable x

Shari said...

Love this, a great come back to an old favorite. Thanks so much for the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Love the Pinafore, but when I attempted to download the pattern all I get is malware from the hosting site and never see a pattern...can you repost it via google docs?

Unknown said...

Yes, please re-host the pattern, current download is malware.
Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Could you send me the pattern. All I get is malware when I click for the pattern. my email is roofer198375@yahoo.com. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

I love the pattern but tried downloading and got a bunch of warnings of threats on my antivirus :( Can you email? r.dams86@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I see its been a while since you posted this. I too can't download the pattern. Could you please email to kitten_df@hotmail.com.au? I have some darling fabric all ready to go and no pattern to know where to cut! Thanks in advance

Sew Adorable said...

Thanks for sharing this. I made one for my little niece :) I've linked to your page on my blog hope that's ok.

Melissa said...

Hi!!! I'm trying to download your pretty pinafore pattern - about to have my 1st grand daughter- but can't get it w/o malware notices. Could you send it to me at vanland@q.com Thanks SO much--- I LOVE your little bird embroidery too!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so very much for these free patterns. To some of us they mean more than you know. I just found your site and will bookmark it. We have 2 boys and a grandson but a 2 yr old great niece and a new great niece so I am excited to get started on this.
Thank you again! God Bless You!

Unknown said...

Thank you so very much for these free patterns. To some of us they mean more than you know. I just found your site and will bookmark it. We have 2 boys and a grandson but a 2 yr old great niece and a new great niece so I am excited to get started on this.
Thank you again! God Bless You!

Joana said...

olá from Portugal, i would love to sew this oh so cute pinafore but the download is expired. Any way to find the pattern somewhere? Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful dress. Would love to make this for my almost 2 years old niece. Sadly It is not able to download anymore. Is ther another way to get the pattern?