Wednesday, May 18, 2011

she's two

Two years ago today I stood next to Amelie's birthmother as she labored to bring her into the world.

I was emotionally raw. But when you are raw like that you are also open. And the spirit of God was able to seep into every fiber of my being.

Each of my children's births are special in some way. But this event was something else. It was transcendent.

And now she is two.

And I haven't forgotten, not for one day, not for one minute, the incredible gift that she is to us.







I love you baby. Happy Birthday.

11 comments:

mjatpc said...

happy big day!

Emily said...

she is a cutie pie! it's my son's seventh birthday today, and every year i think he's the coolest kid ever, and ever year he proves me right. hurray for miracle babies!

Mary said...

Love that last shot! It made me laugh! ;^)

Elizabeth said...

She is just gorgeous. I, too, love that last shot. Happy Birthday to your little one. And happy birth day to you.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I'm all choked up. Happy Birth Day to you all.

chrissy said...

THis brought me tears. I came here from the SPARK blog and how wonderful this is. I am 42 and i was adopted and am so fond of sweet stories like that. You are BOTH a blessing!
c

Nancy Wyatt said...

Love this!!! She is so beautiful and I can feel all the love you have for her through your words and photos! Hugs from Conroe, Texas

laurie said...

the beginning of your post made me cry and the end made me laugh that picture is hilarious! she is such a pretty child, happy birthday to your sweetie girl!

Natalie Hutchison Belnap said...

I miss her and you

Jessa said...

Happy Birthday little beauty!

margie said...

love love love...
forever...
we are...
m.