Monday, May 23, 2011

check!


Sometimes I feel like I don't get anything done, ever.  I've become a professional baby fight referee.  That's all I do. Pull screaming babies away from each other.  And change diapers and pick up toys.  Slobbery ones.

Sometimes I feel like I will never be a civil, respected adult, ever again.


Last night I felt out of sorts and overwhelmed by all that needed to be done. I took stock of just what I had accomplished in the last few days.


A friend of mine recently gave me a really good idea.  She said instead of writing out a to do list, I should write out a done list.  I should list everything I accomplished that day however small.  Empty dishwasher- check. Got mail- check. Showered- check, check.

I just love to write check marks next to things don't you? It so very satisfying.

For one thing, I finally made the succulent wreath that I've wanted for years. Check!


I also finished three necklaces and a bracelet for the Fall collection. Check.


I worked quite a bit on Spark. I made a bunch of calls and sent emails. I also created a graphic for our blogging panel we are going to have this year.  Super excited about it. Check!


I changed approximately 6-8 diapers a day, made meals, bathed babies, folded laundry, picked up twenty thousand toys, got the car washed, shopped for Summer clothes for the kids, went to the park, hosted a sleep over, kissed hurts, helped with homework, had a picnic and refereed a lot of fights.  Cheeeck.

See? Dosen't that seem like a lot of stuff?

Considering the fact that my great grandmother Mabel Campbell called it a productive day if she was able to get her trash out and have a regular bowel movement, I think I'm doing pretty good.



5 comments:

laurie said...

love that wreath!! so pretty, mom's do have a lot to do, isn't it crazy, i don't even remember life before kids when all I had to worry about was me, someday it will be that way again, but then I think I will be lonely and wishing my kids were little again...

margie said...

love it...you amaze and get TONS done...
really...
love
m.

Jessica Munk said...

I LOVE the wreath too! All the textures and colors are fantastic! Are all the blossoms alive? How long will it last?

Jessa said...

A very wise woman once gave me the same advice. She was also a Dr. of Psychiatry, so double bonus.

maren said...

That wreath is so cool, April. :)